Installing & Activating
Check out the sections below to help you install and active the dsIDXpress plugin
The following are requirements you must satisfy before you can install and activate dsIDXpress
- You must be an active member with a multiple listing service (MLS). This means that anyone other than real estate agents and brokers (and, in some MLS's, even agents are excluded) cannot use this plugin.
- The executives at the MLS must be progressive enough to allow the data to be syndicated to your blog from our (Diverse Solutions) API.
- You must have a dsIDXpress account in order to get the required activation key.
- Your web host must be running at least PHP 5.2. PHP 5.2 has been out for 3 years at this point, so if they aren't using PHP 5.2, they're quite a ways behind the times. This is almost never an issue nowadays.
- You must be using at least WordPress 2.8. It will run faster on WordPress 2.9.1 and later.
After satisfying these requirements you can install the plugin via one of these methods
- While in your Wordpress admin area go to Plugins → Add New, then Search: dsIDXpress then click “Install”.
- Then click “Activate”.
- If you aren't able to install via the admin area, you can download the plugin here http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dsidxpress/ and unpack the .zip in your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- If you are on a Wordpress MU installation, and are not the administrator, you should point your admin to this document to help with the install.
Once the plugin is installed take the key you received from customer service. Your key should look like the following:
Then in the Wordpress Admin, go to the new section: dsIDXpress → Activatation. Simply take your key, plug it into this form and click “Activate Plugin for this Blog / Server”.
Sometimes the activation doesn't go exactly as planned. If we detect a problem during the activation process, we'll display a diagnostics report to help you and us figure out the problem. If any of the diagnostics display a red “No” next to them, please match up your issue the table below to see how you that issue can be fixed.
|Diagnostic item||Explanation if “No”|
|Account active||Your account has been suspended. You'll need to contact our customer support staff for more info.|
|Activation key active||There is a problem with your activation key. You'll need to contact our customer support staff for more info.|
|Account authorized for this MLS||You're trying to activate the plugin for an MLS you're not authorized for. You'll need to contact our sales staff for more info.|
|* Activation key authorized for this blog||Your activation key is being used on a different blog. You can only use the activation key on one blog at a time (unless you purchase more), so, as the grail knight says on Indiana Jones, “choose wisely.”|
|Clock accurate on this server||The server your blog is installed on has the wrong date/time. You'll need to have your hosting company fix this for you.|
|* Activation key authorized for this server||Your activation key is being used on a different server. If you're trying to activate the plugin on multiple servers / blogs, you'll need to contact our sales staff. Otherwise, you'll need to contact our customer support staff for more info.|
|WordPress link structure ok||Your “Permalinks” aren't set up. In your WordPress admin, go to Settings → Permalinks and pick anything other than “Default” under “Common settings” (even Custom Structure will work).|
|Under monthly API call limit||Your blog has exceeded the traffic limit that dsIDXpress is capable of by default. You'll need to talk to our sales staff to increase your monthly traffic allowance.|
|Server PHP version at least 5.2||The server your blog is installed on has a very old version of PHP installed. You'll need to tell your hosting company to upgrade this for you. If they won't, we recommend switching to Dreamhost.|
|Would you like fries with that||Well?|
* If it's been more than 48 hours since you last used your activation key on another server or blog, you can click “Activate Plugin For This Blog / Server” to make dsIDXpress work on the server / blog you're having issues with. If it's been less than 48 hours, you'll need to contact our customer support staff so that we can reset your account to allow it to reactivate.